Do you enjoy promoting health, social connections and pedestrian safety? Sound Steps offers a variety of ways to serve. Consider the following volunteer opportunities, or suggest another option that fits your skills and interests:
- Walk Leader: Be trained to lead weekly walks in your neighborhood. QUARTERLY WALK ATTENDANCE TEMPLATE
- Outreach Specialist: Help spread the word about Sound Steps at resource fairs, retirement homes, and other community locations
- Van Driver: Provide transportation to periodic Sound Steps activities such as hikes, special events and walks. Van drivers are trained and must have a WA State Driver’s License and personal automobile insurance. Sound Steps volunteer drivers will use 10-passenger community center vans and do not need a special certification.
- Pedestrian Improvements Team: Sound Steps invests in making Seattle the best city in which to walk. In the past couple of years, Sound Steps has worked with the Southeast Seattle community to develop a walking route from the Columbia City Link Light Rail Station to Lake Washington. This route, the Link to Lake Trail, is an attractive, accessible and safe way to navigate the Columbia City/Genesee area on foot, connecting various parks and community assets. See a post about the beautiful Link to Lake Trail Map created by Seth Schromen-Wawrin and Marie Montagnard by clicking here. In 2016, we will partner with the Greenways Initiative, working to improve green spaces within our neighborhoods.
- Fun Team: Join a group of Sound Steppers to plan regular social activities for the group – such as potlucks and themed walks.
- Walk Training Team: Join a group of Sound Steppers to plan our walk training program in north or south Seattle. Help develop the training calendar and make our 5K, 10K and Half Marathon events great!
- Health Education: Do you have a background in health or fitness? Consider being a volunteer speaker at one of our walking groups or events.
If you would like to get involved as a volunteer, contact Jill Ellison at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 684-4664. Thank you!